.

Thursday, March 28, 2019

A Slaves Soul Runs Deep Essay -- essays papers

A Slaves intelligence Runs DeepA Slaves Soul Runs DeepThe metrical composition The Negro Speaks of Rivers by Langston Hughes is some a homophile with a vast knowledge and understanding of rivers. The first two sentences of the poetry are similar, as in both Hughes states, Ive known rivers. From this the contributor gathers that this man has been around rivers and probably lived around rivers. He talks approximately different experiences he has had on four different rivers. For example he says, I bathed in the Euphrates when dawns were young and this gives the impression that he was around broad ago when the river was just starting to form. Another quote, I heard the telling of the Mississippi when Abe Lincoln went down to New Orleans shows a modulation of time from the first quote as this historically places him in a much more modern time frame. On an unobjective aim I think that this is a poem about different rivers that Hughes feels prone to for some unexplained reason . However, based on a close indication I would argue through and through the explication approach that this poem can be seen in a different light. While some may argue otherwise, I weigh that on an explicative level Hughes is creating a comparison mingled with his soul and the rivers. In taking a closer look at many different aspects such as genre, my close reading interpretation, and out of doors research I have reached a conclusion. I have sight that Hughes did a wonderful job of describing the slave experience as seen through his soul and the souls of all others who have experienced slaveholding.I believe that Hughes poem is oral. It seems to read as if he is passionately reciting to some fictional audience. It makes common sense for his presentation to be oral as he is describing his history as well as the... ...eaks of Rivers. This clearly demonstrates how truly important the issue of slavery was to him and how his life had become symbolized by the poem.This poem at fir st seemed aboveboard to me. As I read it more closely and thought about it more I began to put bits and pieces together. I think Hughes has done a wonderful job of describing the slave experience, from the beginning of his narrative to the end, which is when he starts to finish that a brighter future might exist. The way it was written made me real think about what it was Hughes was trying to say. This poem made me realize that a great many people suffered as slaves. These people lived their whole lives in this capacity, most without hope of any change of status. I felt comparable I was putting together a jigsaw puzzle and it was a good feeling when I finally saw what I believe Hughes wanted me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment